We have a lot of things to do as lawyers, but we are not always the best at managing what to do when.
It takes a strategic approach to properly allocate our work, and sometimes that involves some tough decision making.
In this podcast I explore the realities of time management for lawyers, and offer some strategic tips on how to go about getting it right.
In particular you need to take a look at the following areas:
- Acknowledge that busy-ness is not positive, but rather productivity is
- To do a to list or not to do a to do list?
- Start saying no to as much as possible
- How much time should you allocate a task – it’s less than what you think
- Adopting a strategic approach to planning, but don’t go over the top
- Don’t be a roadblock to others doing their jobs
- Client service – it’s important to exceed expectations.
Resources in this Podcast on Time Management