You know you’re supposed to build a network, but you’re not sure why, or how.
As a young lawyer the process of building a network of relevant, meaningful industry contacts can be daunting.
As a result, we let our fear and uncertainty get in the way, stopping us from working on it from the outset.
That’s how I was: afraid.
“I’m too junior” I would tell myself. “people don’t want to speak to me” I would say.
And it’s not true.
No matter your level of seniority there is no excuse to delay your networking, there’s just a way of doing it better, and smarter.
In this podcast I talk about:
- Why you need to start your efforts at building a network right now
- What you’re really doing when you are networking, and why it’s important
- Strategies that you can implement today, no matter how junior you are, to start building up your contact list.
Resources Mentioned in This Podcast
- Podcast on how you can avoid being an imposter
- Is Social Media just a waste of time
- Article on how 1 is greater than 0 – and what that means for you
- What you should be doing with business cards