All lawyers have a personal brand, one way or another. But is it the one that they actually want to have?
How do you want to be perceived? Clever? Arrogant? Funny? Silly? Engaging? Aloof?
Perhaps you know you need a personal brand but you’re afraid of putting yourself out there? What are the risks? What could go wrong?
Maybe you got past that and know you need to do it (which you do) but perhaps you don’t know how to start?
If you don’t know the answer to these questions, then you need to listen to this podcast and start understanding what personal brand is, how it can help you, the risks of developing your personal brand, and how to go about doing it today.
In podcast episode 21 for lawyers we talk about:
- What personal brand is, and why it isn’t the same as having a network
- Why you can’t rely on your firm’s brand to get you through your professional career
- The risks you face when seeking to develop your personal brand
- The benefits of developing your personal brand
- Simple strategies to get you started today on your personal brand.
Resources I mention in this podcast are:
- Podcast Episode 14 about Nailing the Job Interview, and how not to look like a clone
- Podcast Episode 19 about your social media platform and why you should be using LinkedIn
- Michael Hyatt’s Book Platform (affiliate link)
- Seth Godin’s Book – What to do When It’s Your Turn (and it’s always your turn)